Integrative Healthcare Symposium brings together multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals dedicated to improving patient care and defining the future of integrative healthcare.
David Perlmutter MD, FACN, ABIHM received his MD degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine where he was awarded the Leonard G. Rowntree Research Award.
- Recognize the fundamental role of the human microbiome in inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
- Understand how lifestyle choices change the complexion of the microbiome and the metabolic consequences of these changes
- Understand how changes in the microbiome induced by antibiotics may be responsible for the obesity epidemic
- Recognize the role of the microbiome in mood disorders and cognitive decline
- Appreciate how leading edge novel techniques to restore a healthy microbiome may pave the way for meaningful treatment of autism, autoimmune conditions and inflammatory disorders
The Integrative Healthcare Symposium events bring in renowned speakers from all over the world. Past and current speakers include Jeffrey Bland, PhD, CNS, FACN, FACB; Hal Blatman, MD, DAAPM, ABIHM; Tieraona Low Dog, MD; Michael Merzenich, PhD; Martha Herbert, MD, PhD; Wayne Jonas, MD and more.