Session Description: Standard Process has teamed up with BIOHM Health, one of the world’s leading microbiome testing companies, to offer an industry-leading gut microbiome testing platform for health care practitioners to help support their patients’ digestive health.
- Understand the basics of microbiome science
- Recognize the health implications of the microbiome
- Learn about the Microbiome Test Kit components and process
Mahmoud A. Ghannoum, PhD, MBA, FIDSA, FAAM
• Received an MSc in Medicinal Chemistry and his PhD in Microbial Physiology from the University of Technology in Loughborough, England, and an MBA from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
• A tenured Professor and Director of the the Integrated Microbiome Core and Center for Medical Mycology, and, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center.
• Published > 350 peer reviewed publication and 6 scientific books, and was on the top 1% of cited Scientists Worldwide
• Established a multidisciplinary Center of Excellence that combines basic and translational research that spans test tube to the bedside capabilities.
• He pioneered studies on the fungal communities residing in and on our body and coined the term ‘Mycobiome”.
• Awarded the Rhoda Benham Award from the MMSA, and the Freedom to Discover Award from Bristol-Myers Squibb for his outstanding and meritorious contributions to the fields of medical mycology and microbial biofilms.
• Fellow of the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA), past President of the Medical Mycological Society of the Americas (MMSA). Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology (FAAM), and the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (FESCMID).
• An entrepreneur-scientist who has launched a number of companies focused on the treatment of biofilm infections, as well as microbial dysbiosis.