CONDITIONS, RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING INTEGRATIVE HEALTHCARE SYMPOSIUM
1. Certain capitalized terms used herein shall have the meanings set forth below:
The “Conditions” means these Conditions, Rules and Regulations.
The “Contract” means the Conditions, together with the Exhibit Space Application.
“DIVERSIFIED” means Diversified Communications, a Maine corporation d/b/a INTEGRATIVE HEALTHCARE SYMPOSIUM.
The “Exhibit Space Application” means the cover sheet attached hereto with the caption “2018 Exhibit Space Application.”
The “Exhibition” means Integrative Healthcare Symposium.
“Exhibitor” means the exhibitor named on the Exhibit Space Application, including any and all officers, directors, managers, employees and agents of such exhibitor.
- DIVERSIFIED reserves the right to refuse the application of any party whose product, service or proposed exhibit is, in DIVERSIFIED’s sole discretion, not in keeping with the character of the Exhibition. Approval of the Contract is in the sole discretion of DIVERSIFIED, and may be withheld, among other reasons, for: (a) poor credit history of Exhibitor, including but not limited to past due amounts owing to DIVERSIFIED or any affiliate of DIVERSIFIED, or (b) breach of the Conditions or any other contract provisions governing any previous trade show or other event conducted or sponsored by DIVERSIFIED or its affiliates.
- Exhibitor agrees to make payment for space as outlined on the Exhibit Space Application. If payments for space are not made when due, DIVERSIFIED may, in its sole discretion, reallocate or resell space allotted to Exhibitor.
- DIVERSIFIED shall have full power to determine in every respect the allocation of area and position of space at the Exhibition. Exhibitor shall occupy the space allotted to it no later than 5:00 P.M. on the day before the opening of the Exhibition, and Exhibitor’s displays and related materials shall be substantially assembled by such time. Exhibitor is not permitted to sublet exhibit space.
- Exhibitor is responsible for the cost and erection of tables, counters or other contrivances for displaying goods and for all support services including, but not limited to, such matters as cleaning, electricity, plumbing and drayage.
- While participating in the exhibition, Exhibitor agrees to comply with all applicable local, state, federal and other laws, ordinances, rules and regulations; with the provisions of any labor agreements which might cover activities conducted within the Exhibition facility; with all rules and regulations of the Exhibition facility; and with any other rules and regulations that may be issued from time to time by DIVERSIFIED. Exhibitor hereby covenants, represents and warrants that any and all materials and products (including without limitation to floral/foliage) displayed or otherwise used by Exhibitor within the Exhibition facility will have been obtained in full compliance with the laws of the respective jurisdiction(s) of origin of such materials and products. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify DIVERSIFIED against any claim, action or loss occasioned by any breach of this Section 6.
- All materials used for the building, decorating, draping or covering of booths and/or stands must be non-flammable, or rendered so by being immersed in a fire-proofing solution. All exhibits are subject to inspection by the public safety authorities having jurisdiction over the Exhibition facility and Exhibitor agrees to comply with the directions of said authorities on all matters.
- Exhibitor must obtain, at its own cost and expense, liability insurance of no less than $1,000,000 property damage and personal injury, with broad form endorsement, naming DIVERSIFIED as an additional insured, and requiring at least thirty (30) days’ prior notice to DIVERSIFIED of cancellation or material modification; provided, however, that, in the event that Exhibitor is self-insured, DIVERSIFIED may waive the requirement that DIVERSIFIED be named as an additional insured, and may require Exhibitor to provide evidence acceptable to DIVERSIFIED in DIVERSIFIED’s sole discretion as to Exhibitor’s financial ability to meet its obligations under the Contract, including but not limited to its insurance and indemnification obligations under this Condition 8. Exhibitor agrees to provide DIVERSIFIED with certificates of insurance, duplicate policies or other evidence requested by DIVERSIFIED in connection with this Condition, no later than ninety (90) days prior to opening of the Exhibition, and to provide further evidence of insurance upon request. In no event shall DIVERSIFIED be responsible for any loss of or damage to Exhibitor property occasioned by theft or other insurable casualty. Exhibitor shall obtain at its own cost and expense theft and casualty insurance in an amount equal to the value of Exhibitor’s property and shall provide DIVERSIFIED with proof of such insurance upon request. DIVERSIFIED assumes no risk; and, by the acceptance of this Contract, Exhibitor expressly releases DIVERSIFIED of and from any and all liability for any damage, injury or loss to any person or goods which may arise from the rental and occupation of said space by Exhibitor. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DIVERSIFIED from any and all claims, injuries, losses, liabilities, obligations, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and other similar costs of defending claims or law suits brought against DIVERSIFIED) (collectively, “Damages”) if and to the extent such Damages result from (a) Exhibitor’s breach or alleged breach of its duties, obligations, covenants, warranties and representations under this Contract, or (b) Exhibitor’s actions or omissions with respect to the Exhibition. Exhibitor’s duty to indemnify DIVERSIFIED hereunder shall not be affected by any contention that DIVERSIFIED was negligent, and that such negligence was a contributing or proximate cause of any such Damages, unless and until a court of competent jurisdiction in a matter involving third-party liability finds that such Damages resulted from DIVERSIFIED’s bad faith, gross negligence, or willful misconduct.
- In no event shall Exhibitor have any claim for Damages of any kind against DIVERSIFIED in respect to any Damages, direct or consequential, because of the prevention, postponement or abandonment of the Exhibition, by reason of any of the events referred to in Condition 21, or otherwise if for any reason beyond DIVERSIFIED’s control the Exhibition facility becomes wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Exhibition; and, in such an event, DIVERSIFIED shall be entitled to retain all sums paid by Exhibitor or such part thereof as DIVERSIFIED shall consider necessary. If, in the opinion of DIVERSIFIED, by re-arrangement or postponement of the period of the Exhibition, or by substitution of another hall or building, or in any other reasonable manner, the Exhibition can be carried through, the Contract shall be binding upon the parties, except as to the size and position of exhibit space, which DIVERSIFIED may modify as it deems necessary under the circumstances in its sole discretion.
- The liability of DIVERSIFIED to Exhibitor for all claims relating to the Exhibition or the Contract, in contract, tort or otherwise, shall not exceed the amount of the fees paid to DIVERSIFIED by Exhibitor in connection with the Contract. In no event shall DIVERSIFIED be liable to Exhibitor for any consequential, indirect, special or incidental Damages, even if Exhibitor has been advised of the possibility of such potential Damages. The foregoing limitation of liability and exclusion of certain Damages shall apply regardless of the success or effectiveness of other remedies.
- Exhibitor agrees to confine all selling and promotional activity to the space allotted by the Contract and not to distribute printed matter or materials of any nature in the aisles, entrances or exits of the Exhibition.
- Non-transferable passes of admission will be supplied to Exhibitor for distribution to its personnel. Exhibitor will not be admitted to the Exhibition facility without such passes. DIVERSIFIED reserves the right to limit the number of passes issued to Exhibitor.
- The right to distribute and/or sell any article of food, drink or tobacco is held by catering concessionaires authorized by the owner of the Exhibition facility. No Exhibitor may sell, give away or distribute any such article without the written consent of DIVERSIFIED. The foregoing should not be construed to prevent Exhibitor from distributing product samples in accordance with applicable law.
- DIVERSIFIED accepts no responsibility for breakdown or failure of any of the services provided for, or in connection with, the Exhibition.
- DIVERSIFIED reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse any person, including without limitation any employee of Exhibitor, admission to the Exhibition. No person under the age of 18 will be admitted under any circumstance during any phase of the Exhibition.
- Without prejudice to the rights and remedies of DIVERSIFIED in respect to any breach of the Contract on the part of Exhibitor, DIVERSIFIED may, in its sole discretion, allow Exhibitor to withdraw from the Exhibition subject to the following conditions:
- Exhibitor must give written notice to Diversified that it desires to withdraw from the Exhibition by mail fax or email to Diversified at PO Box 7437, Portland, ME 04112-7437 or [email protected], which must be acknowledged in writing by Diversified to have effect.
- Any such acknowledged notification by Diversified to Exhibitor will constitute a cancellation of the Contract and Exhibitor will be obligated to immediately pay the cancellation fee to Diversified as outlined on the Exhibit Space Application.
- If the Exhibit Space is reduced, the net reduction will be treated as a cancellation of that space;
- Diversified may retain and shall not be obligated to refund any payments made by Exhibitor unless they are in excess of the cancellation fee owed by an Exhibitor.
- DIVERSIFIED reserves the right to alter, add to or amend any provision of the Conditions. Should any question arise regarding the meaning of any provision of the Contract or otherwise in connection with Exhibitor’s involvement with the Exhibition, whether or not provided for in the Contract, the decision of DIVERSIFIED shall be final. No alteration, addition, amendment or waiver to or of, the Contract shall operate to release Exhibitor from the Contract. No course of dealing between the parties shall operate as a waiver of any of the parties’ rights under the Contract. No delay or omission on the part of either party in exercising a right under the Contract shall operate as a waiver of such right or any other right hereunder. No waiver shall be binding unless it is in writing.
- The purpose of Integrative Healthcare Symposium is to promote the sale and use of integrative healthcare (the “Industry”) products, related equipment, and services. Exhibits must be consistent with this purpose and must adhere, in each case in the determination of DIVERSIFIED in its sole discretion, to each of the following standards:
- Exhibitor must promote the marketing of Industry products and related equipment and services.
- Exhibitor shall not discourage or promote the limitation, use, distribution, or marketing of any Industry products and related equipment and services.
- Exhibitor may encourage or advance its own products, equipment or services; however, Exhibitor shall not unfairly criticize the products or methods of any other exhibitor.
- Exhibitor shall not directly or indirectly promote or advertise any idea or product which is inconsistent with the stated purpose of the Exhibition.
- Exhibitor shall not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party or unfairly compete with other exhibits.
- Exhibitor’s exhibit shall not have an undesirable or unreasonable deleterious effect upon another exhibit.
- DIVERSIFIED reserves the right to prohibit or remove any exhibit which detracts from the general character of the Exhibition as a whole, or consists of products or services inconsistent with the purpose of the Exhibition. The right to prohibit includes, but is not limited to, such persons, things, conduct, printed matter or anything else of a character which DIVERSIFIED deems objectionable.
- As an accommodation to Exhibitor, DIVERSIFIED may list Exhibitor in a catalog prepared and distributed in connection with the Exhibition, and Exhibitor hereby grants a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable worldwide royalty-free right and license to DIVERSIFIED to use Exhibitor’s name, trademarks and/or logos for such purpose. DIVERSIFIED shall have no liability to Exhibitor for any errors or omissions contained in such catalog.
- The Contract may be terminated by DIVERSIFIED at any time on the breach of any of the provisions herein by Exhibitor, or breach by Exhibitor of any other contract it may have with DIVERSIFIED or its affiliates, including without limitation failure to make payments when due pursuant to any such contract, and thereupon all of Exhibitor’s rights hereunder shall cease and terminate, and any payments made by Exhibitor on account hereof prior to said termination shall be retained by DIVERSIFIED as liquidated damages for such breach, and DIVERSIFIED may thereupon reallocate or resell any space that had been allocated to Exhibitor.
- In the event that the premises in which the Exhibition is to be conducted shall become, in the sole discretion of DIVERSIFIED, unfit for occupancy, or in the event the holding of the Exhibition or the performance of DIVERSIFIED under the Contract are substantially or materially interfered with by virtue of any cause or causes not reasonably within the control of DIVERSIFIED, the Exhibition may be terminated or moved to another appropriate location at the sole discretion of DIVERSIFIED. DIVERSIFIED shall not be responsible for delays, damage, loss, increased costs or other unfavorable conditions arising by virtue of cause or causes not reasonably within the control of DIVERSIFIED. If DIVERSIFIED terminates the Contract and/or the Exhibition (or any part thereof) pursuant to this Condition, then DIVERSIFIED may retain such part of Exhibitor’s rental fee as shall be required to recompense DIVERSIFIED for the expenses incurred up to the time such contingency shall have occurred and there shall be no further liability on the part of either party to the other. For purposes hereof, “cause or causes not reasonably within the control of DIVERSIFIED” shall include, but not be limited to: fire, casualty, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, accident, blockade, embargo, inclement weather, hurricane, tornado, governmental restraints, declaration of public emergency, strike, lockout, boycott or other labor disturbance, technical or other personnel failure, local, state, federal or other laws, ordinances, rules, orders, decrees or regulations and/or any act of God.
- Neither Exhibitor nor DIVERSIFIED is or shall be construed to be a partner, joint venturer, franchisee, employee, agent or representative of or with the other for any purpose whatsoever. Except as specifically permitted by the Contract or by a separate written agreement of DIVERSIFIED and Exhibitor, neither party has or shall have any right or power to act as the agent or to act on behalf or in the name of, or to bind, the other party. Nothing herein shall be construed as granting Exhibitor any proprietary right, title or interest in DIVERSIFIED or as granting DIVERSIFIED any proprietary right, title or interest in Exhibitor.
- If, at any time, any provision of the Contract shall be deemed for any reason to be invalid or unenforceable or prohibited by the laws of the jurisdiction where the activities are to be performed, then such provision shall be considered divisible and shall become and be immediately amended to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable by the court or other body having jurisdiction over the Contract. The invalidity or lack of enforceability of any provision of the Contract shall not affect the validity and continuing effectiveness of any other provision of the Contract.
- The Contract contains the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes any and all prior understandings or agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No modification of or amendment to the Contract will be effective unless in writing.
- The Contract shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns; provided, however, that Exhibitor shall not directly or indirectly assign, delegate, transfer, sublicense or encumber any of its rights or obligations under the Contract without the express prior written consent of DIVERSIFIED.
- The Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine, United States of America, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof to the extent such laws would cause the law of another jurisdiction to apply. The parties unequivocally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Cumberland County, Maine.
- Exhibitor hereby covenants, represents and warrants, as applicable, that: (a) if it is a legal entity, it is duly organized, validly existing and in good standing under the laws of its jurisdiction of organization; (b) if it is a legal entity, its execution, delivery and performance of this Contract, the fulfillment of and the compliance with the respective terms and provisions hereof, and the due consummation of the transactions contemplated thereby, have been duly and validly authorized by all necessary corporate or other legal action of Exhibitor (none of which actions has been modified or rescinded, and all of which actions are in full force and effect); and (c) the Contract constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation of Exhibitor, enforceable against Exhibitor in accordance with its terms, except as enforceability may be limited by bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, moratorium or similar laws relating to or affecting generally the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
- DIVERSIFIED agrees and acknowledges that it has relied on Exhibitor’s undertakings hereunder, and that, if Exhibitor violates any of the provisions of the Contract, (a) it will be difficult, if not impossible, to compute the amount of loss to DIVERSIFIED; (b) DIVERSIFIED will be without an adequate legal remedy; and (c) violation of the Contract will cause substantial and irreparable injury and damage to DIVERSIFIED. Therefore, the parties agree that, in the event of any violation by Exhibitor of the Contract, DIVERSIFIED shall be entitled to specific performance, injunction, other equitable relief and any other available rights or remedies at law or in equity which may be exercised concurrently with the rights granted hereunder.
- All notices, requests and other communications required or permitted under the Contract must be in writing, and must be sent by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, by overnight courier or express delivery, or personally delivered, in each case addressed to the parties at the address for each set forth on the Exhibit Space Application, or to such other person or address as either party previously shall have designated to the other by written notice given in the manner set forth above. Notices shall be deemed given one day after sent, if sent by overnight courier or express delivery; when delivered and receipted for, if hand delivered; or when receipted for (or upon the date of attempted delivery where delivery is refused) if sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested. Where notice requires a response in ten (10) or fewer business days, the notice should be sent by hand delivery.
Marketing TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING INTEGRATIVE HEALTHCARE SYMPOSIUM
The below terms and conditions apply to the Marketing Opportunities Contract (the “Agreement”) made between Diversified Communications doing business as Integrative Healthcare Symposium (“Diversified” or “Publisher”) and the described advertiser (“Advertiser” or “Company”). In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained in this Agreement, the parties hereto agree as follows:
- Refusal. Publisher reserves the right to refuse to publish advertising or provide an opportunity for any party whose product, service, or proposed advertisement is not in keeping with the character of the Diversified publication or event, or whose advertising materials are not in compliance with Publisher’s Standards or if the marketing opportunity is limited/exclusive.
- Payment. Advertiser shall pay the advertising fees on the dates set forth in this Agreement to Publisher which shall be non-refundable.
- Marketing Start/End Dates. Publisher requires all advertising content, graphics, materials or digital assets to be submitted by Advertiser as requested in writing by Diversified’s representative. Failure to comply with Publisher’s Standards or due dates may result in the delay of the delivery of the marketing opportunities and further Publisher reserves the right not to run Advertiser’s campaign at all. Advertiser is liable for all fees associated with the creation, development and design of advertising content, graphics, materials or digital assets in association with this Agreement. An Advertiser whose campaign is delayed or cancelled due to Advertiser’s failure to comply with Publisher’s standards or due dates shall remain liable for all advertising fees described herein.
- Indemnity. Advertiser shall at all times defend, indemnify and hold harmless Publisher and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, accountants, attorneys, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns from and against any and all third-party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to the content of Advertiser’s advertisements served by Publisher pursuant to this Agreement and/or any materials to which any Diversified website users can link through from those advertisements.
- Limitation of Liability.
(a) Under no circumstances shall Publisher be liable to Advertiser or any third party for indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages (even if advised of the possibility of such damages), arising from this Agreement, such as, but not limited to, loss of revenue or anticipated profits or lost business, costs of delay, or liabilities to third parties arising from any source.
(b) Publisher disclaims any and all representations and warranties, including any regarding merchantability, fitness for particular purposes, suitability, compliance with laws, quality or otherwise with respect to any Diversified website or Diversified printed publications and makes no guarantees that the Advertiser will experience increased business or sales from its advertising.
(c) In no event shall Publisher be liable in any way for an amount greater than the payment owed to Publisher set forth in this Agreement
(d) Publisher would not have entered into the Agreement but for the limitations contained within this section.
- Intellectual Property Rights. Neither party will acquire any ownership interest in each other’s intellectual property. Publisher shall have the right to place Advertiser’s logo, trade name and trademark on any advertising from Advertiser and to otherwise use such items in connection with the purposes of this Agreement. To the extent that the advertisement includes any white paper or research report, Diversified retains all ownership rights in the report and the data set forth therein. To the extent Advertiser is provided with attendee information it shall have a limited non-transferable right to market its own services to said attendees. Advertiser’s rights are in all cases limited to a non-exclusive license having usage terms as defined more specifically herein.
- Force Majeure. Neither Publisher nor Advertiser shall be liable to the other for any failure or delay in its performance due to any cause beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of war, acts of God, riot, terrorism, sabotage, labor shortage or dispute, Internet interruption, government acts, and other similar events.
- Right of First Refusal. Publisher does not guarantee a Right of First Refusal to Advertiser for any previously selected nor contracted advertising opportunities with any Diversified websites or Diversified printed publications.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements. Each party acknowledges and agrees that the other has not made any representations, warranties or agreements of any kind, except as expressly set forth herein. This Agreement may not be modified or amended, except by an instrument in writing signed by duly authorized officers of both of the parties hereto. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts each of which shall be deemed an original and all such counterparts shall constitute one and the same agreement. This Agreement will be deemed entered into in Maine and will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine, excluding that body of law known as conflicts of law. The parties agree that any dispute arising under this Agreement will be resolved solely through confidential binding arbitration in Portland, Maine USA before one arbitrator selected by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its rules. In the event of any dispute, each party shall bear its own attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees, and ½ of the arbitrator fees. The provisions of this Agreement relating to payment of any fees or other amounts owed, indemnification, confidentiality, limitations of liability and intellectual property shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement. The terms of this Agreement are the confidential information of Publisher. This Agreement has been negotiated and drafted by both parties, with counsel from both parties reviewing the document. The language in this Agreement shall be construed as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.
- Refund Policy. Publisher has a no refund policy and as such, all fees associated with this Agreement are non-refundable once paid.
- Tax. It is the sole responsibility of the Advertiser to report and self-regulate all applicable VAT and other taxes from their country of origin.
- Cancellation Policy. Diversified must receive all cancellations in writing. Written notice of cancellation may be provided by mail to Diversified Business Communications, PO Box 7437, 121 Free Street, Portland, ME 04112-7437 or by email to: [email protected]. Cancellations may be subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total cost of cancelled advertising package(s). If advertising package(s) is reduced, the net reduction will be treated as a cancellation of that advertising package(s). The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that Diversified shall be entitled to retain the payments described above with respect to any cancellation by the Advertiser. All outstanding cancellation fees are payable immediately upon cancellation.