In this presentation, Dr. Dane Donohue will go through how he uses a wellness score including relevant biometric and laboratory data to asses a patient needs for an integrated wellness program. When it is appropriate for a referral to a life-style modification program. That program called 8 Weeks to Wellness has been run in Dr. Donohue’s practice for almost 15 years and is now being run in 80 facilities in the US, Canada and the UK. Dr. Dane will go over the main aspects and execution of the program including case studies.
- Participants will be able to identify the critical wellness biomarkers and what they mean to the patient’s future health.
- Participants will be able to explain the integration of various individual wellness therapies into one program.
- Participants will be able to discuss how to go from communicating “need to” to “want to” for the patient.
- Participants will be able to explain how to engage the patient’s WHY to motivate/inspire lifelong behavior modification.
- Participants will be able to explain why being a “role model” for the community is critical to success as a wellness practitioner.