12:15 PM – 1:45 PM | Thursday, February 21, 2019
Speaker: James Neuenschwander, MD
Location: Morgan Suite
Session Description: Dr. Neuenschwander will be discussing the world of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) that lies outside the standard recommendations. He will cover the basics of HBOT physiology and why it is so useful. He will discuss the use of HBOT to improve athletic performance as well as use in head injury, cancer, autoimmunity, and autism.
- Participants will be able to explain the physiology of HBOT and why it is so useful.
- Participants will be able to explain the research issues surrounding the use of low pressure HBOT as a placebo.
- Participants will be able to discuss with the patients the benefits of HBOT for athletic performance.
- Participants will be able to explain the mechanisms and benefits of HBOT in head injury and stroke.
- Participants will be able to explain the mechanisms and benefits of HBOT in cancer, autoimmunity, and autism.
About The Speaker:
Dr. James Neuenschwander MD (aka Dr. Neu) is a graduate of the University of Michigan Medical School (1985) after completing an undergraduate degree in cellular and molecular biology at the University of Michigan (1981). He entered a general surgery residence at the University of Michigan hospitals to pursue a career in transplant surgery. In 1988, he had his eyes opened to the world of integrative medicine—an entire world of healing that tried to address health issues by going to the source of the disease and treating it from there. As a result of this experience, he left his general surgery residency and pursued a career in Integrative medicine. He opened his private practice, Bio Energy Medical Center, in 1988 and continued a parallel career in Emergency Medicine. He has been board certified in Emergency Medicine since 1996 and was one of the first to receive the board certification in Integrative Medicine in 2017. He has since left the practice of Emergency Medicine and dedicates his full time to the practice of Integrative Medicine, specializing in the biomedical treatment of autism and related childhood issues (like PANS and PANDAS) as well as chronic and mystery illnesses that plague adults. His practice, Bio Energy Medical Center has become the regional landing place for these complex patients. He is a frequent lecturer on the bio medical treatment of autism including the use of hyperbaric medicine, and is a firm believer in using whatever tools are available to treat the patient in front of you.