SKIN: It’s the largest organ, and in the world of integrative/functional medicine, it often doesn’t get the respect it deserves. The desire for skin health and beauty is a major driver behind the patient/clients’ decisions to seek professional guidance. Today, emerging science has allowed us to personalize our treatment plans to meet ever-increasing patient expectations. “Beauty from Within” means crafting a set of offerings that recognize the importance of diet and intelligent supplementation for overall skin health and beauty. In this practical session, we will cover how diet, the microbiome, nutrigenomics, food sensitivities, drug nutrient depletions, and intelligent supplementation all influence skin health.
- Identify the key dietary and lifestyle factors that affect skin health.
- Become acquainted with the evidence for supplements targeting skin, hair, and nails.
- Learn which specific nutrients support the skin barrier, collagen, hormonal health, acne prevention, and ROS protection.
- Review basic labs, as well as nutrigenomics, microbiome, gut, and food sensitivity testing that can be used to personalize a treatment plan.
- Explore ways to effectively initiate the “beauty from within” discussion with your patient/client.